Animal Waste Disposal

Waste Management Plan

Waste management plans must comply with the criteria listed in APC&EC Regulation 5 and in the Field Office Technical Guide and Agricultural Waste Management Field Handbook of the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS).

Waste management plans must be signed and approved by an NRCS area engineer, an Arkansas registered professional engineer, or an Arkansas Soil and Water Conservation District water quality technician.

Land Use Contract/ Deed/ Lease

Proof of ownership or control of land must be submitted to the department for all land to be permitted for waste utilization under the waste management plan. One the following is required:

  • a copy of the deed or other legal documentation of ownership
  • a copy of the lease agreement with the landowner granting control of the land for the purpose proposed in the application
  • a land use contract

Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) Notification Letter

Applicants for new facilities or permit modifications to add land applications sites must notify the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) Division of Engineering that an application has been sent to DEQ. This notice must include a complete set of area maps (pop up area maps description) indicating the facility location and all land application sites and description (type, size, etc.) of the operation. The notice should be mailed to:

Arkansas Department of Health
Engineering Division, Slot #37
4815 West Markham Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72205

A copy of the letter transmitting the above documents to ADH must be submitted to DEQ with application.

Adjacent Landowner Notifications

Applicants for new permits or permit modifications are required to notify all adjacent landowners when a permit application is submitted to DEQ. A written notice must be sent to each landowner adjacent to the facility and to the waste application sites. This notice must include the applicant's name and address; the facility type, size, and location; and the type of permit action requested. A list of all adjacent landowners and a copy of the notification letter must be submitted to DEQ along with the permit application.

Annual Report

An Annual Report Form must be completed, signed by responsible officials, dated and returned on or before May 30 yearly. Include with annual report form a copy of the analysis of the samples provided to the Cooperative Extension Service or an DEQ-certified private lab, for the soil analysis and wastewater.

Application Record

Keep document at facility:

The land application record is to be maintained and kept at the facility. DO NOT MAIL THIS DOCUMENT TO DEQ.