About DEQ's Website
This website is designed and maintained to provide a record of DEQ's activities, to offer information and resources, and to establish communication links with the public.
We follow laws, policies, and technical standards as we strive to make the website a useful tool for our staff and the citizens of Arkansas.
Linking to the DEQ Website
Links to DEQ's website are permissible. However, we do recommend that links point to the home page rather than to a specific page as those links may change.
Such documents will be indicated as (PDF). PDF files maintain the formatting, presentation, and printing capabilities needed for many of our documents. These PDF files can be viewed across multiple platforms using the appropriate reader for that platform.
To view or print PDF files, use a compatible PDF viewer. You can also download PDF files and view and print them offline. You can download and install the most recent version of the free Acrobat Reader from the Adobe website or search for other compatible PDF viewers.
Act 308 of 2013 requires the Division of Information Systems to develop nonvisual standards that ensure the needs of Arkansans who are blind or visually impaired are met through reasonable accommodation in the information technology products and services of the state.
Arkansas government or state-funded entities must have websites that provide text equivalents for all non-text elements such as images, animation, audio, and video. If you have trouble accessing or navigating our website, contact the DEQ Webmaster.
Simply stated, our policy is to collect no personal information about you when you visit our site, unless you affirmatively choose to make such information available to us when submitting a complaint, suggestion, or registration form.
Access to and use of DEQ's website is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AS USE OF THIS SITE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- When you come to this website to browse, our Web server automatically recognizes only the Internet domain and IP address from which you accessed the site. This information does not result in the identification of your personal email address or other personal information. In addition, information is only gathered regarding the volume and timing of access to the site by collecting information on the date, time, and pages you visited while at the site. This government computer system uses industry-standard software to create summary statistics, which are used for such things as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas so that the content of and functionality of our site can be improved. We use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site and to help us make our pages more useful to visitors. This information is only used internally, does not contain personal identifiers, and will only be used for internal management purposes.
- Where identifying information is asked of you (to respond to an information request, etc.), that information is used only for responding to your comment or question. Any identifying information may become a public record subject to disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
- If you do provide personally identifying information in a complaint or other communication to us, it is subject to public disclosure pursuant to the Arkansas Freedom Of Information Act codified at Ark. Code Ann. § 25-19-101 et seq.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs industry-standard methods to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986, or the Computer-Related Crimes provisions under Arkansas law, Ark. Code Ann. § 5-41-101 et seq.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the DEQ Legal Division.
This site is designed to be viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Chrome 2 or higher, Firefox 3.6.28 or higher, and Opera 10 or higher. To download and install the latest browser, select one of the following links:
With respect to documents available from this server or documents from other servers made available through this website, neither the state of Arkansas nor DEQ nor any of their employees, nor any of their contractors, subcontractors, or their employees make any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represent that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. In particular, see the note on Arkansas Pollution Control and Ecology Commission regulations below.
The state of Arkansas and DEQ specifically disclaim any and all liability for any claims, loss, injury, or damages of any nature that may directly or indirectly result from use of the website or information found on the website, including:
- The use of, or the inability to use, the website or the information on it
- Any virus or other harmful component in the website
The material on this website is provided as a public service for informational purposes only. While we make every effort to ensure that the material contained here is current and accurate, we cannot guarantee it is so. Please contact the appropriate division of DEQ prior to making plans or proceeding with any projects or programs to ensure you have the most up-to-date regulations, procedures, and other pertinent material.
In no event shall DEQ or its employees be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including but not limited to procurement or substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this system, even if advised of the possibility of such damage. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury, including but not limited to those caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence or under any other cause of action.
This disclaimer applies to both isolated and aggregate uses of the information. DEQ provides this information on an "as is" basis. All warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from contamination by computer viruses and non-infringement of proprietary rights, are disclaimed. If you have obtained DEQ information from a source other than DEQ, be aware that electronic data can be altered subsequent to original distribution. Data can also quickly become out-of-date. It is recommended that careful attention be paid to the contents of any data associated with a file and that the originator of the data or information be contacted with any questions regarding appropriate use. If you find any errors or omissions, we encourage you to report them to DEQ's webmaster.
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, users, or others, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and do not necessarily state or reflect those of DEQ or the state of Arkansas and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DEQ or the state of Arkansas.
DEQ is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages referenced. The user specifically acknowledges that DEQ is not liable for the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users, links, or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user. Links on DEQ's website to other sites do not constitute an endorsement from DEQ or the state of Arkansas. These links are provided as an information service only. It is the responsibility of the web surfer to evaluate the content and usefulness of information obtained from other sites.
DEQ's homepage contains links to other related websites and resources. Since DEQ's homepage is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources or their contents, you should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster.
The World Wide Web is very dynamic, and website ownership and content change often. If you find inappropriate or offensive content at a website reached through one of DEQ's links, email the DEQ Webmaster with details so we can take appropriate action and remove or correct the link.
The user expressly agrees that use of DEQ's website is at the user's sole risk. DEQ does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error free. The documents and related graphics published on this server could contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. DEQ and/or its respective programs may make improvements and/or changes in the information and/or programs described herein at any time.
The laws of the State of Arkansas, U.S.A., shall apply to all uses of this data and this system. By use of this system and any data contained therein, the user agrees that use shall conform to all applicable laws and regulations and user shall not violate the rights of any third parties.
The state of Arkansas retains a nonexclusive, royalty-free license to publish or reproduce these documents, or allow others to do so, for state government purposes. These documents may be freely distributed and used for non-commercial, scientific, and educational purposes. Commercial use of the documents available from this server may be protected under U.S. and foreign copyright laws.
DEQ shall remain the sole and exclusive owner of all rights, title, and interest in and to all specifically copyrighted information created and posted for inclusion in this system. Email the DEQ Webmaster for permission requests.