Laboratory Certification Program
Environmental protection depends on accurate analyses by laboratories. Information submitted to ADEQ by permittees is required to come from laboratories that ADEQ has certified. ADEQ’s Environmental Laboratory Certification Program ensures that data submitted for regulatory development, planning, permitting, or other functions will be of acceptable quality. The labs meeting the standards are certified to provide contractual environmental testing in Arkansas for one year.
Laboratory Certification Program Forms and Documents
Select the appropriate category below to find certification application forms and documents.
Review our Laboratory Certification Booklet before getting started with application.
Certification Application Forms
The following forms are required for laboratory certification:
- Laboratory Certification Application
An alternate format (spreadsheet) may be used in place of the parameter form as long as all the information is covered.
Laboratories will be billed for fees after acceptance for certification. Please do not send fees with application.
Laboratory Certification Fees
- DO NOT SEND FEES WITH APPLICATION!
- Laboratories will be billed for fees after acceptance for certification.
- Laboratory Certification Fees are subject to fees as described in Reg. 9.801-9.803
- Initial certificate and renewed certificate includes up to ten parameters.
- ADEQ will assess reasonable fees for the cost of all expenses incurred during the evaluation of certified laboratories. An itemized invoice for the incurred expenses and payment of the expenses will be due within thirty (30) days of invoicing the expenses.
Annual Renewal Fees:
The department is not compelled in any way to notify laboratories that their certification is about to or has lapsed. It is the responsibility of the laboratory to reapply for annual certification.
- Follow the guidelines given in the Laboratory Certification Booklet to renew certification. The request for renewal and supporting documentation must be received by ADEQ at least thirty (30) days prior to the certificate’s expiration date in order to ensure there is no lapse in certification.
- An invoice will be issued once ADEQ determines the laboratory has met the renewal requirements.
- Upon payment of the invoice, a renewal certificate will be issued.
|For Each Parameter in Addition to the First Ten||$10|
|Each of the Following Categories:|
|Dioxins and Furans||$50|
|Pesticides and PCB’s||$50|
|Acute and/or Chronic Toxicity Testing||$250|