Make Every Day Earth Day with ADEQ
Every day is Earth Day at ADEQ, but traditionally we have made a special effort to help area students celebrate on or near April 22, when Earth Day is observed around the world. In 2016 we hosted fourth graders from Batesville, Cabot, and Little Rock, as well as a group from Maumelle High School. They visited learning stations throughout our environmentally friendly building as ADEQ employees led sessions on air and water quality issues, alternatives to disposing of waste in landfills, lab work, and environmental careers.
Find local recycling locations fast with Earth911’s iRecycle mobile recycling app. Search for recycling options based on ZIP code.
What You Can Do
Government officials, major industries, and business entrepreneurs are working on ways to clean up and preserve our world. But everybody—even young children—can do things that will help achieve these goals.
Here are a few simple steps you can take:
- Learn about reducing food waste at EPA’s website.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
- Turn off the lights when you leave the room.
- Turn off your computer when you’re finished.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with Energy Star qualified CFL or LED light bulbs.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle everything you’re able to.