The Recycling Branch works to promote recycling and waste reduction with advice and assistance that make recycling possible and more successful for individuals, schools, businesses, cities, counties, nonprofits, and other groups.
We continue to generate more waste as our population grows, but we can never create more land. Finding ways to reduce what we put into our landfills becomes more important every year.
In addition to preserving our land, recycling and waste reduction result in other benefits, including energy savings, pollution reduction, conservation of natural resources, and the creation of new jobs.
The Recycling and Marketing Development staff provides:
- Recycling resources for different types of waste
- Education resources on waste prevention, recycling, reuse, composting, landfills, and litter prevention for educators, communities, and businesses
- Information about financial resources to fund recycling projects
- An annual report summarizing recycling progress in Arkansas, State of Recycling in Arkansas
- Management of the Recycling Equipment Tax Credit Program
- The Arkansas Recycling Markets Directory
- Assistance to the Arkansas Marketing Board for Recyclables
- Promotion of RENEW, a resource exchange network for eliminating waste
- Download and use the statewide recycling logo