Reducing Food Waste: A Forum for Colleges and Universities
9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Thursday, May 4, 2017
Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institute
University of Arkansas Pulaski Technical College, Little Rock
This forum will explore options– including source reduction, feeding people, and composting– for reducing the amount of food waste campuses send to landfills. Come hear what some Arkansas colleges and universities are doing to reduce food waste on campus, and learn how you can implement similar programs. There will also be time to get your questions answered and share ways your campus is reducing food waste.
Who Should Attend?
- Food service and facility managers
- Purchasing personnel, event planners
- Hospitality/culinary program students
- Food service staff
- Student leaders
- Interested individuals
There is no charge for this forum, which includes lunch and a tour of the Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institute at the University of Arkansas Pulaski Technical College.
- Laura Lapp, Vice President, Wellness and Sustainability, Chartwells Higher Education
- Satoko Kato, Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Arkansas School of Law
- Cameron Caja, Visiting Student Program Coordinator and Founder, Razorback Food Recovery, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
- Shanda Thornton, 3D Instructor, Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institute, University of Arkansas Pulaski Technical College