Beautiful Buffalo River Action Committee
Hosted by the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ), Arkansas Natural Resources Commission (ANRC), Arkansas Department of Health (ADH), Arkansas Agriculture Department (AAD), and Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism (APT)
On September 30, 2016, Governor Asa Hutchinson announced the Beautiful Buffalo River Action Committee. To address water quality concerns throughout the watershed and ensure the Buffalo National River maintains all designated uses, the Committee will “establish measurable objectives, set achievable action items, establish durable partnerships, share agency resources, and inform policymakers and the general public of relevant progress”.
Year one priorities include:
- developing a stakeholder forum,
- initiating the development of a watershed management plan,
- identifying early actions to “jump-start” improvements,
- and prioritizing future research needs.
- Buffalo River Watershed Management Plan
Final Public Information Meeting
October 12, 2017
1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
511 E. Court Street
Jasper, AR 72641
- Beautiful Buffalo River Action Committee
Fourth Quarter Meeting
To Be Announced