Approved Wastewater Operator Training Courses and Certification Exam
Wastewater operators are required to take training courses, workshops, or seminars from ADEQ-approved sources, which are listed below. The department conducts exams and issues and renews licenses for wastewater operators.
Need to Sign Up for a Wastewater Course - TRAINING?
Contact one of the following training providers to sign up for either classroom training or online courses. If training course requires registration fee, pay directly to training providers.
- Arkansas Environmental Training Academy (AETA) Letitia Rusch 870-574-4550 or Mitzy Bynum 870-574-4589
- Arkansas Rural Water Association (ARWA) 501-676-2255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning to Take a Wastewater Licensing Exam – TESTING?
Testing applications and testing fees must be submitted directly to DEQ. DEQ testing fees are in addition to any training fees, and must be paid directly to DEQ Wastewater Licensing. For assistance contact Wastewater Licensing Help Desk.
Testing applications and fee payments must reach DEQ five (5) business days prior to test date.
- Include your social security number.
- Use your full legal name or first and last names with a middle initial.
- Indicate the classification and level of license(s) for which you are applying.
- Attach a check or money order in payment of licensing fees (see licensing fee schedule). For credit card payment arrangements, contact Sandy Luttrell at 501-682-0998. These fees are nonrefundable.
- Mail completed application and fee payment to:
Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality
Wastewater Operator Licensing Program
5301 Northshore Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118-5317
Wastewater Operator License
Please make note of the following, regarding wastewater licensure and renewal:
- Please note:
Separate registration fees may apply for training courses and must be paid to the training providers. DEQ exam fees are in addition to any training fees, and must be paid to DEQ Wastewater Licensing.
DO make sure exam applications and fee payments reach DEQ five (5) business days prior to test date. Failure to do so may delay the issuance of your license!
DO include payment for exam fees with your application, or make arrangements to pay online by calling Sandy Luttrell at 501-682-0998.
- Employers and Facilities, please note:
If paying exam or renewal fees for more than one operator, the payment can be made with one check or placed onto one invoice for a single online credit card transaction.
DO NOT combine payment for Wastewater License fees with any other fees that may be owed to different divisions of DEQ.
DO NOT bring exam applications and/or fees to the testing location, unless specifically instructed to do so by DEQ Wastewater Licensing staff.
|License Fee Type||Fee Per License|
|Application Fee (exam and license)||$40|
|Retaking of Exam||$20|
|Reciprocity Fee (review and license)||$40|
|License Renewal Fee||$40|
|Late Renewal Penalty||$10|
* Receipt can be provided upon request.