Water Permit Applications, Forms, Instructions, and Documents
When applicable, submit the completed application package, including all supporting information and materials, via ePortal, email or mail:
Do your permitting online
- Before using ePortal, register online then download and complete the DEQ Electronic Signature Agreement form and mail it to the Electronic Signature Agreement Committee, Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality, 5301 Northshore Drive, North Little Rock, AR 72118.
- Select Organization. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Scroll to Water and select General NPDES Permits (Individual NPDES also on menu) or General No-Discharge Permits to find form selections.
Submit application and all supporting information and materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF) to Water Permits Application.
Send application and all supporting information and materials by U.S. Certified Mail (Return Receipt Requested), Federal Express, or hand-delivery to the address below. DEQ's office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality
Office of Water Quality – Water Permits
NPDES Section or No-Discharge Section (specify to type of permit application)
5301 Northshore Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118-5317
- Water Permits
- Draft Water Permits at Public Notice
- Final Permits
- NOI Submittals for Coverage under the MS4 General Permit
- NOI Submittals for General Non-Stormwater NPDES Permits
- Water Enforcement Forms & Instructions for Permitted Facilities
Application Forms and Instructions
Submit the following documents only as needed:
- Change in Signatory Authorization Form
- Disclosure Statement Form
- Notice of Permit Transfer Form
- Waste Storage Pond Closure Guidelines
- Notice of Termination for Individual NPDES Permit
Coverage forms and information are specialized for a specific permitted action and may be found under the appropriate category below – select the permit you are interested in. Included are guidance documents (permitting procedures), required application forms and documents, and reporting and record requirements (annual reports).
- NPDES Permits
- Individual NPDES Permits
- General Stormwater Permits
- General Non-stormwater NPDES Permits
- ARG160000 (Sanitary Landfill Pond)
- ARG250000 (Non-contact Cooling Water, Cooling Tower Blowdown, and Boiler)
- ARG500000 (Aggregate Facility (Sand and Gravel))
- ARG550000 (Individual Treatment System for Domestic Waste (Non-Industrial))
- ARG590000 (Confined Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO))
- ARG640000 (Filter Backwash Wastewater from Municipal Drinking Water Supplies)
- ARG670000 (Hydrostatic Testing)
- ARG750000 (Car/Truck Wash)
- ARG790000 (Groundwater Cleanup)
- ARG870000: Automatic Coverage (Pesticide Runoff)
- Pretreatment Program
- No-Discharge Permits
- Individual No-Discharge Permits
- General No-Discharge Permits
- Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program